Monday, January 15, 2018

Guest Review: The Siren by Kiera Cass

The Siren by Kiera Cass

Release Date: January 26th, 2016
Read: December 2017
Publisher: HarperTeen
Series: Standalone
Format: Paperback, 336 pages



Description from GoodReads:


   Kahlen is a Siren, bound to serve the Ocean by luring humans to watery graves with her voice, which is deadly to any human who hears it. Akinli is human—a kind, handsome boy who's everything Kahlen ever dreamed of. Falling in love puts them both in danger . . . but Kahlen can't bear to stay away. Will she risk everything to follow her heart?




Review:

  We were stars. We were music. We were time.
   I love The Selection series, so when I found out Kiera Cass had a standalone book I was dying to   read it. 

   I received The Siren for Christmas and about a week later started to read it. I was really fascinated in the beginning when she was becoming a Siren, because I've always been more interested in books that have interesting beginnings right from the start.  As I read, I became interested in the whole concept of a siren, how they lived, how a siren’s voice was poison,  and how her singing could kill.  I really enjoyed where the ocean would come in to hear about how a siren lives and have such a deep connection to her sirens, especially Kahlen. I do wish there was more about the history of the sirens, it would help to really understand them, and the ocean, because at times the ocean was a bit confusing.

   I was fond of the story between Kahlen and Akinli, but I wish things moved slower between them. Like how did Kahlen grow to like him so fast if she knows people easily fall for her? Like, what? I would have really loved to read behind how Kahlen first became a Siren, as well as more about the sirens that had left the ocean, like Aisling who was originally there for 100 years. 

   Besides that, I really did enjoy The Siren and was I was satisfied with the ending.

Rating:

Favourite Quote:


"He saw me not just as a mysterious beauty, but as a girl he wanted to know.”  ~Kahlen

Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Mermaids, Romance, The Selection

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!