Tuesday, February 28, 2017

February Wrap Up 2017!

   February went by fast, and I don't just mean because it was only 28 days instead of 30 or 31. February is always a quick month for me and my family, my sister has a birthday at the beginning of the month and I, at the end, with Valentines Day in the middle. Then this year, being in University I also had reading week. So it all flew by so fast. 
   At the beginning of the month my work finally had their Christmas party, we went to a Brewery where we were able to sample a beer that they had made in the building. We also had a local restaurant come in and make us this amazing meal. I've honestly been debating on doing an adventure in the summer, where I do a downtown tour of Winnipeg and just find all the best local restaurants. Now I just have to find a few people to go on this adventure with me. 
   When Reading Week started, I went to a craft store and bought a bunch of stuff to make bookish candles. So I've made a bunch of sample ones already, I haven't been feeling the designing vibe, but I have been getting everything else worked out. It's been pretty fun. 
   Then this past weekend I went to my first Escape Room, my friend had her birthday party at one. We did one that had the highest "spook' rating, and I was pretty spooked when we started out but eventually my competitiveness won over and I rushed to get all the clues done. 
   Overall it was a good month, I didn't get a whole lot of reading done, but it was a good month. Hopefully next month is just as good, but with even more reading done!

   Now for the stats!


Books Read:

Fate of Flames by Sarah Raughley
Fun Home: A Family Tragicomic by Allison Bechdel
Dreamland Burning by Jennifer Latham
Reignited by Colleen Houck


Book Haul:

The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong (Paperback)
Shadow Run by AdriAnne Strickland & Michael Miller (ARC)
Blood Brothers by Colleen Nelson (Signed Paperback)
The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa (Hardcover)
The Traitors Kiss by Erin Beaty (ARC)
But Then I Came Back by Estelle Laure (ARC)



A huge thank you to Dundurn, Raincoast Books, and McNally Robinson!


Books Reviewed:

Hunted by Megan Spooner
Freeks by Amanda Hocking
Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin
Like a River Glorious by Rae Carson
Dead Girls Society by Michelle Krys
Reignited by Colleen Houck



March Releases I'm Excited For:



   That's it for this month, hopefully I get more of my TBR pile read for next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!