Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Wrap Up 2017!

   January was good, January was really good. In the last months, I'd been on hiatus because of the stress of my University classes. This month I started a new bunch of classes, with a lighter load, as well as classes that actually interest me. It's safe to say that this course load is just what I needed.
   I said I'd do two things last month, one was try to get motivated to blog again, and the other was to start a TBR pile for the month, and try to get through them all. One of the two was successful, unfortunately it wasn't the blogging part. I ended up being able to read practically all of the books I had added to my TBR but, in the end I just couldn't review them. I'm still going to work on that, especially when it comes to other blog posts too. For now I'm just going to keep up with all all the reading I've been doing, and hope that I can stick with that as well!
   In the last month I was able to participate in two bookish events, one being my Winnipeg Blogger Groups' Secret Santa party, and the other being an IndigoTeen Hangout. Both were amazing, but I mean, I got to hang out with the same set of friends both times, so they were bound to be great. My Secret Santa, Sarah from Just Another Story, was SUPER AMAZING and got me an ARC of Scarlet by Marissa Meyer, and The Throne of Glass Covering Book, so you can tell that I am over the moon excited. Then at the IndigoTeen Hangout I was lucky enough to have won an ARC of 100 Hours by Rachel Vincent, and Outrun the Moon by Stacey Lee. Both events were fantastic, and so much fun, from bookish trivia to just discussing books. I love my group of bookish ladies, and can't wait to see them again next month!
   Outside of the bookish world, my friends and I did a fancy dinner night at one of my favourite restaurants. We all dressed up in some of our nicest outfits, and literally just went out for dinner. It was a lot of fun just dressing up, and going out. I can't wait to do it again sometime in the future.  (Please enjoy our lovely selfie.)
   And finally, the last two weeks, and still going, I've been sick. Everyone has been getting sick recently, and I guess it was just my turn. This time around has been a bit worse than usual, especially since my asthma kicks in whenever I get a cold, but I've been slowly getting better, so hopefully that goes away soon. 
   That was my January 2017! I'd say that it was a good start off to the year, if you completely ignore the fact that Trump is the president of the United States anyway. Anyways, here are the stats for this month!
   

   P.S. You guys have to go see A Dogs Purpose, it was such a beautiful movie, and I honestly can't stop tearing up when I think about the movie. It was also actually filmed maybe 15 minutes away from my home, the diner that the characters go to is actually a favourite place for me to go eat in the summer! So definitely make time to go see it!


Books Read:



Book Haul:



A huge thank you to IndigoTeen, OwlCrate, Lauren @ The Autumn Bookshelf, Sarah @ Just Another Story,  and Sabrina @ Beyond the Book Reviews

Books Reviewed:





February Releases That I'm Excited For:



   That was the month! February is usually a super busy month for my family and I, so we'll have to see what's in store for us. I know that I've already got a bunch of things planned, like our late Staff Christmas Party, a Book Signing, and my 19th Birthday Party! So already, I know that'll be a lot of fun, until next time!




1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!