Monday, September 12, 2016

Book Review: The Graces by Laure Eve

Release Date: September 6th, 2016
Read: August 22nd- 25th, 2016
Publisher: Amulet Books
Series: The Graces, #1
Format: ARC, 352 pages
Source: BEA 2016


Description from GoodReads:


   In The Graces, the first rule of witchcraft states that if you want something badly enough, you can get it . . . no matter who has to pay.
 
   Everyone loves the Graces. Fenrin, Thalia, and Summer Grace are captivating, wealthy, and glamorous. They’ve managed to cast a spell over not just their high school but also their entire town—and they’re rumored to have powerful connections all over the world. If you’re not in love with one of them, you want to be them. Especially River: the loner, new girl at school. She’s different from her peers, who both revere and fear the Grace family. She wants to be a Grace more than anything. And what the Graces don’t know is that River’s presence in town is no accident.

Review:


   Some people are ordinary. 
   Going to BEA 2016, I was able to pick up many treasures. To my delight the Be First Book Club book for August 2016, just happened to be one of the books I picked. That book being The Graces. Where I was originally really excited to read The Graces, the book was not what I was expecting.
   The witchcraft was really confusing to me, it felt like for the most part the author wanted you to think that there weren't any actual witches at all. It all felt so fake, until eventually closer to the end where stuff actually starts to happen. The book was not portrayed correctly in my opinion, if you wanted magic, then you've definitely come to the wrong place. 
   Honestly, the only thing I really enjoyed in The Graces, was the villain, and that was because they were the last person you'd ever expect to be it.
   The Graces was not what I wanted, and did not live up to any of my expectations, although it did make for a good book club discussion book. I would not recommend this book to anyone looking for a magical read.
   

   Insider among friends:
   The house is the witch.


Rating:


Favourite Quote:


"I love woods. When you're in them, you feel like the world has disappeared on you. Like you could step into a different reality if you could just find the right path. "

Recommend to People Who Enjoy: 


Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Witches, Magic, Villains



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!