Monday, July 18, 2016

Book Review: The Crown by Kiera Cass

Release Date: May 3rd, 2016
Read: June 26th-28th, 2016
Publisher: Harper Collins Publishers
Series: The Selection, #5
Format: International Paperback, 288 pages
Source: Bought




Description from GoodReads:


   In The Heir, a new era dawned in the world of The Selection. Twenty years have passed since America Singer and Prince Maxon fell in love, and their daughter is the first princess to hold a Selection of her own.

   Eadlyn didn’t think she would find a real partner among the Selection’s thirty-five suitors, let alone true love. But sometimes the heart has a way of surprising you…and now Eadlyn must make a choice that feels more difficult—and more important—than she ever expected.

Review:


   I'm terrified of my heart.
   This is the second time I've finished the Selection series. The first time being with The One, when it had yet to be announced that Eadlyn would have her own story. This time around I was a little more prepared for my heart to handle the ending.
   I found The Crown to be super predictable, in the end my theory from The Heir ended up being correct, as well as who she ended up with. The two that I had thought were going to get picked, either were picked or practically were, but something huge popped up. Nothing was super exciting to me, I could just see everything coming, besides a few things of course. Although I found that the case, I still did enjoy The Crown.
   Cass' writing had me stuck in the story throughout everything, even when I wasn't reading the book I couldn't help but think of it. I was constantly being pulled back to the original trilogy with all the things Eadlyn didn't know, but we did, it was all nostalgic.
   Being only 288 pages, The Crown was a cute, quick read that will continue to have the fans of the series in love till the very end.
   Like usual, Kiera Cass won over my heart, and ended the series perfectly (again). Having still not read the new reboot of The Siren, I think I'll be heading into that direction really soon.


Rating:



Favourite Quote:


"You have to embrace the idea of imperfection, even if the thing that is most perfect for you."

"Maybe it's not the first kisses that are supposed to be special. Maybe it's the last ones."

Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopian, Romance, Royalty, Princesses, Prince





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!