Friday, April 22, 2016

Recommendation Fridays: The Host by Stephenie Meyer

   A little while after I finished the last book in the Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer, I felt like I would never find another book that I'd love as much as that series. (I was a very moody 12 year old.) Then my mom suggested Meyer's other series, The Host series. At first I assumed it was an adult novel, but feeling a little bit desperate I went ahead and read it. 
   The Host has become one of my all time favourite novels, from loving the characters, to the plot. I'd even say that I prefer it over The Twilight Saga. Filled with adventure, love, and aliens I couldn't of asked for a better book. 

   Just a heads up on the series though, it's been 8 years and we don't have a sequel yet.....

   Also, in my opinion the movie is fabulous! But I'll let you decide on that!


The series would probably be best for people who like the following books:
 Sci-Fi, Romance, Paranormal, Aliens, Inhabiting Human Bodies


The Host by Stephenie Meyer


Release Date: May 6th, 2008
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Series: The Host, #1
Format: Hardcover, 620 pages



Description from GoodReads:



   Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.



   As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love. 


   That's The Host! What do you think, will you be picking it up? Let me know if you do!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!