Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Wrap Up 2016

   This month was practically a lead up to Spring Break, and the weekend before hand. Spring Break where my sister, friends and I went to San Fransisco and Monterey for a school trip, like I've
mentioned a few times before. With all the lead up, stress, and hype, I actually didn't get much
reading done. Not to mention, the no reading done at all on my trip.... So I'm a bit behind on everything... again.
   To be honest with you guys, I was behind on all things blog related because I just wasn't feeling it this month. I would feel it here and there, but never enough to keep up with everything. Already as April approaches I'm starting to feel it again, but I don't know how long that will last for. I guess we'll see as we go.
   Let's talk about my trip! We started off by heading to the airport for 4am,  then spending our first 2 hour flight well but eventually learning that everything was being delayed in Toronto. So the first thing that happened was that we were stuck in an airplane for an hour, IN Ottawa then we were stuck in the Toronto Airport for roughly 5 hours because our original San Francisco flight was canceled. You could say that that day was a bust. 
   The next day was great though, we visited the Intel Museum in Silicon Valley. That turned out to be
a blast. The trip went on to visiting Alcatraz, walking across the Gold Gate Bridge, "seeing" the Full House house, Monterey Bay Aquarium ( A day after Margaret Stohl visited according to her Instagram, that didn't stop me from looking for her every turn I made aha), seeing the curviest road in the world, etc. Having my friends and sister there only made the trip better.
   Fun fact, if you're visiting San Francisco with your family or friends then you will get bruises. There were so many Beetles, when I say many, I mean MANY. You would spot one and two seconds later another would pop up in your field of vision. We saw just as many Mini Coopers, and PT Cruisers. 
   Unfortunately our tour group (EF Tours) did NOT know how to pick restaurants to eat at, when we were visiting Fisherman's Wharf we went to Applebees, when we could literally see so many different unique food stalls with so many different forms of sea food. Our tour group was not happy, this struggle went on to face us throughout the whole trip. 
   If you could look past the poor points in the trip, then I would definitely say it was an success and that I would visit again. Just not with that tour group! 
   If you'd like to see more pictures from my trip, then check out my Instagram here. Otherwise that's it for this month! What were you guys up too? Let me know!
   Now for the bookish stats!
   

Books Read:




Book Haul:

   A big thank you McNally Robinson, Dunburn Publishing, and Harper Collins Canada for some of the lovely books listed above. And a big thank you to my sister for finally replacing the copy of Cinder that she lost!

Books Reviewed:




April Books I'm Excited For:



   That's this month, I'll be heading to a few bookish events in April so expect a few posts from those!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!