Sunday, August 23, 2015

Summer Blogger Promo Tour: Book Swag with Time Turner Reads


   The Summer Blogger Promo Tour was created by The Book Bratz as a fun way to promote blogs and make blogger friends.

Today I have Preethi from Time Turner Reads!


   She's a bibliophile whose interests extend into TV shows and romantic comedies. She loves web design. She loves to meet other bookaholics in the blogosphere!



   Today she's going to tell us about what she does with her bookish swag!

   Book Swag! Bookmarks, bookplates, and buttons! What are your favourite kinds of book swag? What do you use your swag for?

Preethi:   I don't own any bookplates or buttons, unfortunately, but I do have some random swag at home I keep in a shoebox - these are promotion items and whatnot that I sometimes receive along with review books (believe it or not they really are treasured despite their location). I also once received this gorgeous letter from an author for reviewing one of her books, and it was really sweet. It's probably the prettiest letter I've ever received: it's very glittery. All of this may lead you to believe that I'm not big on book swag, but if there's one thing I'm known for, it's my collection of bookmarks. Now, I don't have fifty bookmarks or anything, but I do own maybe a little more than twenty, and they all live in this old, tin chocolate box of mine. I like to switch out the bookmark I'm using each time I finish a book, which is why the variety of bookmarks comes in handy. I also tend to match the color of my bookmark to my book, which is another reason I have as many as I do. I think I buy more bookmarks than I do books haha.

   I know that many readers ask for books as presents, but this is rarely me. When I buy physical books, it's only if I know I'll re-read them again or if they're a personal favorite. Instead, I ask for book-themed products. For example, I love phone cases that are book-themed or based off of my favorite characters. I love book-turned-movie merchandise, and of course the DVD's. Figurines of some of my favorite characters are totally my thing. I just find these things more "buyable" since I'm so picky with the books I purchase. This year, I'm super excited to ask for Maggie Stiefvater's tarot deck based on The Raven Cycle for my birthday.

   What are your favorite types of book swag? As a bibliophile, what is your preferred form of presents (Barnes & Nobles gift cards included)? I'd love to hear your thoughts!


 Steph:  Ever since I went to YALLFest 2014 I've had a HUGE collection of swag, everything ranging from bookmarks to posters and buttons! I currently keep all of them in a bag in my room.

   My favourite kinds of swag would have to be buttons and unique stuff, like lipgloss (Michelle Madow has a very pretty lipgloss for her Secret Diamond Sisters series!), or Bracelets. (Ashley Mansour has a very pretty bracelet for her Blood, Ink & Fire novel, the same goes with Martina Boone and her Heirs of Watson Island series.)

   If it's not bracelets or jewelry I like to frame a few of my swag. Some of the first pieces of Swag I got are framed on my dresser in my room, or if I have too much of one bookmark or banner I like to go to book stores and put them into their books! or even books from the same author if it's not released yet!

   

   Thanks so much Preethi for stopping by! You can give Preethi a follow here:



   And that's a rap on the Summer Blogger Promo Tour for me! Stop by next week so I can tell you about what I loved about the Tour!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!