Sunday, July 5, 2015

Summer Blogger Promo Tour: Popular Books that Disappointed You With Crossroads Reviews


   The Summer Blogger Promo Tour was created by The Book Bratz as a fun way to promote blogs and make blogger friends. 

   Hello everyone! 

   This year I joined The Summer Blogger Promo Tour hosted by the fabulous ladies at The Book Bratz!  Like I said above, the tour is a fun way to promote other blog/ bloggers and to make new blogger friends. So for each Sunday until the end of August you'll be meeting a new blogger!

   So let's see who I'm introducing to you today!


A warm welcome to Jessica from Crossroads Reviews !

(Give Jessica's blog a look here!)

   Jessica is a stay at home mom of two girls, both of who also help review for Crossroads Reviews. Both her and her girls live in Florida where they can be found hanging out at Disney or Universal Studios, or of course reading books! 


   Today Jessica and I will be discussing Popular Books that Disappointed Her.


   On Twitter you always see bloggers obsessing over certain books, authors and series. (i.e Leigh Bardugo, Sarah J. Maas, Richelle Mead) What are some popular books that disappointed you or that you just didn’t enjoy?


Jessica:


   OMG YES!!!! At the top of my list is Dear Killer by Katherine Ewell, this book had so much going for it but then the ending was just so bad that UGH, I was just so mad about it.

   Across the Universe and Inside were both sucky.  They were both very confusing and well I just couldn’t make myself read them.

   The Mark of the Tala, I tried a few times to read but it was a very weird book.  The first 190 pages are all TEEN and it was amazing!!!  Then all of a sudden there is all this explicit sex that is thrown in, at first I was like, WTF did I just read that?  I was sent book three for review and well I really REALLY wanted to know what happened, but in the end that turn of events just made the book suck.

   A lot of the other books listed on the board were either just slow or the endings sucked.  Like Plus One, the ending made it so the entire story was pretty much worthless. I mean where is the resolution anything!!!!

   For others I have a board that I am slowly adding books to that are a disappointment.  You can find it here. 


Stephanie:


   Sadly there were a bunch of books/series that I just couldn't get into or like that everyone seemed to enjoy. 

   The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo and the Daughter of Smoke and Bone Series by Laini Taylor had too much going on all at once for me to really get what was going on. I'd still would have loved to have completed the series, but I just couldn't appreciate them.

   The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and the Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth both did the same thing for me when reading the series, I 'd love the first book in the series, the second books would have potential but then I'd hate the last ones. ( Mockingjay & Allegiant)

   You can find a few other books I "Gave Up On", on my GoodReads shelf here. 



   Thanks for stopping by Jessica! It was great having you! Everyone give her a follow on her on Twitter, and her blog!

Twitter: @crossroadreview

   Thanks again for stopping by everyone, I can't wait till to introduce you to the next blogger next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!