Friday, July 17, 2015

Book Review: The Fire Sermon by Francesca Haig

Release Date: March 10th, 2015
Read: March 18th-23rd, 2015
Publisher: Gallery Books
Series: The Fire Sermon, #1
Format: Hardcover, 384 pages
Source: From publisher in exchange for honest review.



Description from GoodReads:


   When Zach and I were born our parents must have counted and recounted: limbs, fingers, toes. We were perfect. They would have been disbelieving: nobody dodged the split between Alpha and Omega.
Nobody.

   They were born together and they will die together.

   One strong Alpha twin and one mutated Omega; the only thing they share is the moment of their death.

   The Omegas live in segregation, cast out by their families as soon as their mutation becomes clear. Forced to live apart, they are ruthlessly oppressed by their Alpha counterparts.

   The Alphas are the elite. Once their weaker twin has been cast aside, they're free to live in privilege and safety, their Omega twin far from their thoughts.

   Cass and Zach are both perfect on the outside: no missing limbs, no visible Omega mutation. But Cass has a secret: one that Zach will stop at nothing to expose.

   The potential to change the world lies in both their hands. One will have to defeat the other to see their vision of the future come to pass, but if they're not careful both will die in the struggle for power.


Review:


   What if the person I was isn't someone I was meant to be?
   I was offered the chance to read The Fire Sermon from Simon and Shuster, and at first I was really excited. The problem for me first began when I read the first chapter.
   I'm not quite sure why The Fire Sermon was labeled as Young Adult, the whole book screamed Adult to me, the way the characters thought and acted told you that story anyway. Sometimes I think that some YA books are labeled as YA because of the age as the main character. That is how I felt about The Fire Sermon.
   The idea of the Alphas and Omegas was fabulous! I couldn't have been more interested, I think that's why I actually read the whole thing. Only having one live while the other did, just peaked my interest I guess.
   The Fire Sermon was an interesting read, while the idea was fun and new I will not be reading the sequel.


Rating:



Favourite Quote:


" A history written in ashes, in bones."


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Adult, Science Fiction, Fantasy, Post Apocalypse 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!