Friday, June 5, 2015

Book Review: The Heir by Kiera Cass

Release Date: May 5th, 2015
Read: May 13-14th, 2015
Publisher: Harper Teen
Series: The Selection, #4
Format: Paperback, 352 pages, International Edition
Source: Bought


Description from GoodReads:


   Princess Eadlyn has grown up hearing endless stories about how her mother and father met. Twenty years ago, America Singer entered the Selection and won the heart of Prince Maxon—and they lived happily ever after. Eadlyn has always found their fairy-tale story romantic, but she has no interest in trying to repeat it. If it were up to her, she'd put off marriage for as long as possible.

   But a princess's life is never entirely her own, and Eadlyn can't escape her very own Selection—no matter how fervently she protests.

   Eadlyn doesn't expect her story to end in romance. But as the competition begins, one entry may just capture Eadlyn's heart, showing her all the possibilities that lie in front of her . . . and proving that finding her own happily ever after isn't as impossible as she's always thought.


Review:


   I only have one heart, and I'm saving it.
   When I heard there was going to be a fourth book in the Selection series, I was ecstatic. As much as I loved the ending to The One I still felt as if they still had a few loose ends to fix up. So this was perfect! Along with the idea of meeting Maxon and America's kids, I was 100% in.
   Eadlyn is not her mother. If you went into The Heir believing that they'd practically be the same person then you probably didn't enjoy the book as much. Or well that's the feel I got from the book and my sister anyway. We both went into the book with different expectations and that's how it turned out. I loved that Eadlyn was so different compared to her mother, looks and personality wise. I had loved Queen Amberly, and was deeply saddened when she passed in the third book so when Kiera described Eadlyn as a doppleganger to Amberly it felt like we got her back in some ways.
    I loved the stand Eadlyn took when she went through with The Selection, I understood why she could have looked a bit heartless. But honestly, with this Selection it was different and I'm glad Kiera treated it this way. Even with guards everywhere, the selected could have easily taken advantage of Eadlyn if she didn't stand up for herself. Kiera even makes a point of this in an event in the book. So to me a headstrong princess wasn't the worst thing.
   You'd think after reading The Heir everyone would have one guy they were rooting for, but I am at a crossroads. Honestly, I'm enjoying this group of selected better then I did with the original trilogy, and noooo it's not because they were gorgeous. With the original Selection the king and his people selected the girls for Maxon themselves rather then Eadlyn randomly picking hers. So this time they didn't have any political feelings to them, which was really nice, the group felt really diverse to me.
   I could probably go on forever about my feelings for The Heir, but I'll just let you see for yourself when you read it!
   I will 100% be picking up the sequel to The Heir, or rather the fifth book in the series when it releases. I am to deep into the series to have any chance of giving up now, especially with THAT CLIFFHANGER AHHHH.

  P.S At this point I have one real theory about the book, I think Kile's sister put his name in the Selection. She's just seems like the sort of person to do that.


Rating:






Favourite Quote:


"When we met, you couldn't stop staring at my breasts. Make sure you get an equally satisfactory look at my backside as you leave." ~ Eadlyn


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Science Fiction, Royalty, Romance, Dystopia, Princesses




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!