Friday, January 16, 2015

Book Review: Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas

Release Date: September 2nd, 2014
Read: January 7th- 13th, 2015
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Series: Throne of Glass #2
Format: Paperback, 448 pages
Source: Gifted


Description from GoodReads:


   Celaena Sardothien is the king's Champion—yet she is far from loyal to the crown, for the man she serves is bent on evil. But working against her master in secret is no easy task. As Celaena tries to untangle the mysteries buried within the glass castle, she can trust no one, not even her supposed allies Crown Prince Dorian, Captain of the Guard Chaol, and foreign princess Nehemia.

   Then, an unspeakable tragedy shatters Celaena's world. She must decide once and for all where her loyalties lie . . . and whom she will fight for. 


Review:


   Does your love for yourself know no bounds?
   I was not a huge fan of Throne of Glass, I had heard the raving from friends and bloggers. Sarah was going to be at YALLFest 2014, so I bought the first one anyway. Knowing what everyone said about Crown of Midnight, on how the series got even better with each book I decided to give it a chance. The second chance might also have to do with the fact that I adored Maas's A Court of Thorns and Roses but who knows.....
   Crown of Midnight started off right where Throne of Glass left off, so we didn't miss a single thing. It also made it easier for people who hadn't read Throne of Glass in a while to quickly remember what had happened.
   I love Celaena Sardothien, her character is fabulous. Bad things have happened to her, but she never let anything bring her down. Rather she embraced it and learned to become a better person and not allow any more harm to come to her. I'm truly glad that she got her bit of happiness and romance in this sequel, even if it was only for a brief while. I hope to see that romance happen again in the third, fourth and anymore books to come.
   So many secrets were unraveled that it was all so much that when you finally took it all in, all you could say was, "woah." Maas untangles all Celaena's secrets and feelings so beautifully that you wouldn't have thought that Celaena had any secrets in the first place. Not to mention that when you finally heard them, you just thought they were fitting for Celaena.
   Once I started Crown of Midnight I couldn't put it down, Heir of Fire will have to be one of the next books I read. I just hope that it doesn't pull me to shreds like Crown of Midnight did. Then The Assassin's Blade will be next!


Rating:





Favourite Quote:


"The best lies were always mixed with truth."


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Adventure, Romance, High Fantasy, Magic, Fae 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!