Friday, December 19, 2014

Book Review: Invisible by Dawn Metcalf

Release Date: September 30th , 2014
Read: December 8-9th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Twixt, #2
Format: Paperback, 380 pages
Source: Author in exchange for review/book pendants



Description from GoodReads:



   Some things lie beneath the surface. 

   Invisible. 

   With the power to change everything. 

   Joy Malone wants it all—power, freedom and the boyfriend who loves her. Yet when an unstoppable assassin is hired to kill her, Joy learns that being the girl with the Sight comes with a price that might be too high to pay. Love will be tested, lives will be threatened, and everyone Joy knows and cares about will be affected by her decision to stand by Ink or to leave the Twixt forever. 
   Her choice is balanced on a scalpel's edge and the consequences will be more life-altering than anyone can guess.

Review:


Contains Spoilers:

   A life that burns twice as hot burns half as long.
   I had originally won Indelible in a giveaway and didn't read it right away. Later when I did I just adored it. You can be as creative as you'd like when you use fairies. The worlds, the characters, and even the magic. Which is exactly what Dawn has done with Indelible and Invisible.
The Twixt fascinated me, the laws, creatures, all of it. My favourite being the signatura. To think that each thing a person has done is marked on their bodies showing what the've done. Besides protection, I think being able to see the signatura would be very helpful to helping one protect themselves by staying away from the wrong kinds of people. It would definitely protect people from rape, or maybe even a simple heartbreak.
   Joy frustrated me so much in Invisible. She held back so much information, (The unknown tattoo on her back, her working for Graus Claude) from Ink that it was obvious that she was going to get in trouble from him. Which she did, all her secrets whiplashed right back at her. I understand that Ink was new to the whole human thing, but her keeping secrets that could hurt her would obviously make him mad as well as get her in trouble. Especially when it went against the rules of The Twixt for one part. All Ink wanted was to keep her safe. Joy's actions in Invisible made Ink discover the human act of betrayal.
   The big reveal that happened in the book that Joy was part Twixt was understandable, but what intrigued me was, what did Joy give up of herself to get her true name? Filly said to become part fey there was a few things Joy would need to do. Giving up a part of herself was a major one, so it pains me to think of what it was. Dawn left us with so many options that I wouldn't know where to begin.
Finally my favourite scene in the book was the epilogue. It was the cutest thing ever, and it certainly played with my heart. All Joy wanted through out the book was to finally be able to be truly with Ink, as well as have everyone see him. She got her wish, and it made me feel all touchy feely.
Many secrets were uncovered in Invisible, along with many joyful and scaring moments. I will never be able to get Invisible out of my head, it's left a scar so I'll unquestionably be counting down the days until Insidious releases.


Rating:




Favourite Quote:


"There is an innocence in not knowing what you can loose." ~ Indelible Ink 

Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Magic, Fairies




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!