Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday (18)

Dead of Winter

Author: Kresley Cole
The Arcana Chronicles
Expected: January 6th, 2015
Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers



Description from GoodReads:


   Heartbreaking decisions 
   Evie was almost seduced by the life of comfort that Death offered her—until Jack was threatened by two of the most horrific Arcana, The Lovers. She will do anything to save him, even escape Death’s uncanny prison, full of beautiful objects, material comforts…and stolen glances from a former love.

   Uncertain victory 
   Despite leaving a part of her heart behind with Death, Evie sets out into a frozen and perilous post-apocalyptic wasteland to meet up with her allies and launch an attack on The Lovers and the vast army they command. Such formidable enemies require a battle plan, and the only way to kill them once and for all may mean Evie, Jack, and Death allying. Evie doesn’t know what will prove more impossible: surviving slavers, plague, Bagmen and other Arcana—or convincing Jack and Death to work together.

   Two heroes returned 
   There’s a thin line between love and hate, and Evie just doesn’t know where she stands with either Jack or Death. Will this unlikely trio be able to defeat The Lovers without killing one another first?


Why I Want It:


   When you first go into the series you think it'll just be another apocalyptic story, but trust me it's waaaay different! This is the first book I've read where the apocalypse actually happens during the book! That's right I said during the book, not before the book starts but during! It was a nice change to have. Another reason I want the book so badly is because I've always been fascinated by Talbot cards, I've never really done much with the fascination but this series definitely makes me want to learn more about them!

   Give me Jack or give me Death!


Why You Should Want It:


   To recap, the apocalypse happens during the book, talbot cards, a love triangle like no other, and finally two completely different boys that make you swoon. 


   That was my Waiting on Wednesday for this week, will you be picking up Dead of Winter in January? What are you waiting on this week?





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!