Monday, November 17, 2014

Movie Review: The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner

Contains Spoilers:


Movie:

Film Corporation: 20th Century Fox
Released to Theatres: September 19th, 2014
Audience Rating: PG13
Length of Time: 113 minutes
Director: Wes Bell

(Movie Trailer)



Book:

Title: The Maze Runner
Author: James Dashner
Publisher: Delacorte Press 
Release Date: October 6th, 2009
Format: Paperback, 375 pages





Movie Review:


   WICKED is good.
   I'd just like to state two things before I go on, one; I was never a big fan of The Maze Runner book and two; I first read The Maze Runner two years ago. So I was really rusty when it came to finding differences between the two.
  When I first saw the movie trailer for The Maze Runner I was definitely excited to watch the movie. I've always felt that if you enjoyed the book then you wouldn't enjoy the movie or vice versa, you didn't enjoy the book and liked the movie.( An example would be my sister hating this movie but loving the book) I understand that is not always the same but I find most of the time it is. With me this is usually the case, which I was right with this movie.
  I am a huge fan of Dylan O'Brien.( He played Thomas) Naturally this made me a bit more intrigued to see the movie, but besides that Dylan did a perfect job portraying Thomas. Dylan also plays a curious and brilliant character on the show Teen Wolf, while watching the movie I could definitely see the little bits and pieces of that curiosity for Thomas's character, because of Dylan's role in the show you just know that he has the curiosity part down.
  When I first heard of an upcoming film I was excited to see how they would show the maze and the grievers. They definitely succeed past my expectations for both of these. The maze wasn't your basic ideal maze but a huge complicated design that was a mix of mechanics and plain old concrete. The Grievers were also designed to look and have the same feel of the maze. It was phenomenal how they designed everything.
   I didn't really enjoy Maze Runner the book, but after watching the movie I'm definitely going to give The Scorch Trails a go and I look forward to seeing the next movie!


Overall Rating:




Favourite Scene:


   My favourite scene in the movie would have to be when Thomas just knew he had to remember what had happened before the Maze, so he just stabbed himself with the griever stinger.

Favourite Quote:


" Everything we've done to you... it was all done for a reason." ~ Ava Paige


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Action, Mystery, Sci-Fi, Thriller


   What did you think of the movie? Let me know in the comments!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!