Sunday, October 5, 2014

Book Review: If I Should Die by Amy Plum

Release Date: May 7th, 2013
Reads: April 15th, 2013
Publishing: Harper Teen
Series: Revenants #3
Format: ARC paperback, 405 pages
Source: Won from GoodReads



Description from GoodReads:


   I will not lose another person I love. I will not let history repeat itself.

   Vincent waited lifetimes to find me, but in an instant our future together was shattered. He was betrayed by someone we both called a friend, and I lost him. Now our enemy is determined to rule over France’s immortals, and willing to wage a war to get what they want.

   It shouldn’t be possible, none of it should be, but this is my reality. I know Vincent is somewhere out there, I know he’s not completely gone, and I will do anything to save him.

   After what we’ve already fought to achieve, a life without Vincent is unimaginable. He once swore to avoid dying—to go against his nature and forsake sacrificing himself for others—so that we could be together. How can I not risk everything to bring my love back to me?


Review:


Contains Spoilers:

   I've been with this series since I picked up Die for Me from the library, to having it in my hand when school got rough. This series has given me smiles, and it's given me tears. I will forever love and remember The Revenants. Love you Kate and Vincent <3

   I had tons of ideas for what i thought would happen in If I Should Die. Like A Numa wanting to be good, Kate dying, Kate actually being the Champion. I was glad when they did happen! But I pictured it a WAAAY different way. In the book I felt a little distant. I had re-read the other two books before I read this one so that I would remember everything that had happened in the previous books. In the book I loved everything until they suggested to make a body for Vincent then fly to New York. I felt no need for that. Amy could have just kept Vincent alive and trapped in the castle.

   Another thing I felt strongly about is when Jules just got up and left. She could have done a better job at resolving that problem. Unless Amy plans on writing a prequel series about Jules, That maybe continues from the novella. She could have just got one of the girls from the fight to fall in love with. A good idea for a Prequel though, maybe have it in Jules point of view while living in New York and maybe he could fall in love with one of Kates old friends:) There is also one more thing. I felt it needed a better ending. Maybe have it go a year in the futre or maybe 100 just to show that there love is still strong, and so that we could see what happened after the war to everyone else and what happened. I know I'm being very critial here, but also maybe more of a dramatic conclusion for the people who died?

   But it is Amys work, so she can do as she pleases with it. I was just glad that I was picked as an advance reader. Amy your books were a work of art and I am privileged to read them.

  This review was written before my blogger days.


Rating:




Favourite Quote:


"Feelings change with time - or at least pain lessens with time; I know that from experience.” ~ Kate


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Ghosts, Urban Fantasy, Paris





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!