Friday, September 5, 2014

Book Review: Diamonds in the Rough by Michelle Madow

Release Date: October 28th, 2014
Read: July 25th-29th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Secret Diamond Sisters #2
Format: ARC Paperback, 448 pages
Source: Gift from author


Description from GoodReads:


   The three Diamond sisters survived the summer in style after coming to live with their long-lost billionaire father. But making a place for themselves at their exclusive new Las Vegas private school is throwing them any number of gold-plated curves. Savannah's YouTube stardom turns into a Sweet Sixteen reality show extravaganza—with complimentary enemies on the side. Dangerous flirtations don't keep Peyton from a gamble that will risk far more than she planned to bet. And when Courtney and the sisters' archenemy, Madison, uncover two explosive secrets, it will rock even this town of glittering illusion—and turn their lives upside down all over again.


Review:


   Contains minor spoilers:

All-access doesn't mean no problems. 
   I died when Michelle offered to send me an ARC of Diamonds in the Rough! I adored The Secret Diamond Sisters, so her offering just made my month. To hype myself up even more about the book, my name is actually in it! To have my name in a published book would be a first, you could say this book is special to me.
   Diamonds in the Rough picks up after summer, where The Secret Diamond Sisters takes place and jumps right into the storyline with the Diamond sisters starting school. I loved the private school, it had everything right when it came to education. Small classes, supportive teachers, interesting  classes and finally a good cafeteria. To have a small class with a supportive teacher is an amazing thing, you can get so much more achieved. Michelle knew what she was doing when she designed this school.
   The secrets exploding out of this book was phenomenal. The book's cover definitely does the book justice. I found myself thinking that there would be a new surprise after every corner.
   Michelle is the queen at having hidden meanings, 2 stuck with me after I finished the book. Everyone knows Courtney to be a big book nerd, so to me it wasn't a surprise to me when she was reading in Diamonds in the Rough. What book though? I could't stop giggling when she told us she was reading Remembrance, which was another book which Michelle wrote! The second time I had an uncontrollable giggle fit was when I heard who Samantha's favourite band and singers were! One Connection! Hmm? Does that sound familiar? How about one of the singer's being name Perry Myles? How about now? Does that ring a bell? Well to me it sounded like One Direction and Harry Styles. Michelle you're one sneaky girl!
   Diamonds in the Rough was once again written in four different perspectives of Savannah, Courtney, Peyton, and Madison with each chapter being more fantastic then the last. Michelle has once again brought us all into this fabulous world of teenage girlie fun, and I can't wait to see where she takes us next! I suggest everyone pick up the first book in the series immediately, as long as you can handle book hangovers and cliff hangers! I can't wait to get my hands on the third book!


Rating:










Favourite Quote;


" You're worth the risk." ~ Courtney 

Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Contemporary, Realistic Fiction, Romance, Las Vegas, Sisters






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!