Saturday, August 2, 2014

Book Review: Cress by Marissa Meyer

Release Date: February 4th, 2014
Read: July 17th, 2014
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Series: The Lunar Chronicles
Format: Hardcover, 550 pages
Source: Bought


Description from GoodReads:


   In this third book in the Lunar Chronicles, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, now with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army. 

  Their best hope lies with Cress, a girl imprisoned on a satellite since childhood who's only ever had her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker. Unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice. 

   When a daring rescue of Cress goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing prevent her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only hope the world has.

Review:


I accept those odds.
   I had first seen the series in a magazine oddly enough, because I tend to never read those. The red heel on the cover of Cinder tugged and tugged at my conscience until I finally gave in and bought the book. I was astonished by the unique and unusualness of the world that is The Lunar Chronicles. Since I picked up Cinder, The Lunar Chronicles has been a must buy series. Which is how I came to read Cress.
   Cress continues almost immediately where Scarlet left off, all character in tow. Although with a new narrator, her name is Crescent or rather Cress for sort. I rather loved this character, she was young and juvenile. Which to say meant she had no experience with the world, this made for an even more astounding character. With Cress being from Luna, she had never really seen Earth. What she had seen was only from pictures on her computer. So when she had finally gotten the chance to explore Earth, she was amazed by everything. She would see the true beauty in everything around her , even the simple things that we'd taken for granted. This was my favourite quality of Cress.
   Then there was Captain Carswell Throne.  I am like Cress with that one, he is a dreamy piece of hunk. Hubba bubba! Easy to say I rooting for him out of all of the boys. Cress's obsession with Throne is adorable, Cress is a classic fangirl. She's one of us! This was another trait of Cress's that I could relate too! The fact that Throne was charming and encouraging was also adorable. You'd have thought he'd be a little creeped out at the fact that she's a little bit of a stalker aha.
   With the world, the characters and all of the adventure makes out an out of this world read! Marissa knows her stuff, I can not wait for Winter to be released! I need to know where Cinder and crew travel next!

Rating:



Favourite Quote:


"Maybe great, epic romances don't just happen. We have to make them ourselves.”


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Dystopian, Fairy Tales, Retellings, Rapunzel 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!