Friday, April 25, 2014

Book Review: Secret Diamond Sisters by Michelle Madow

Release Date: February 25th, 2014
Read: April 21st-24th, 2014
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Series: The Secret Diamond Sisters, #1
Format: Paperback, 382 pages
Source: Won


Description from GoodReads:


   Savannah. Courtney. Peyton. 

   The three sisters grew up not knowing their father and not quite catching a break. But it looks like their luck is about to change when they find out the secret identity of their long-lost dad—a billionaire Las Vegas hotel owner who wants them to come live in a gorgeous penthouse hotel suite. Suddenly the Strip's most exclusive clubs are all-access, and with an unlimited credit card each, it should be easier than ever to fit right in. But in a town full of secrets and illusion, fitting in is nothing compared to finding out the truth about their past.


Review:


   Some secrets grow to big to keep.
   To most people finding out that you have a billionaire father would be quite a shocker, mostly because he's a billionaire, but not in this case. Savannah, Courtney and Peyton Diamond could care less about their father. When the situation changed the girls were forced to make a decision, either embrace Vegas and the unlimited amount of money thats goes with it or fight it and hope for the best.
The book is written in four different characters points of view, Savannah, Courtney, Peyton Diamond and Madison Lockhart. Each character having a totally different unique way of seeing the world. Courtney with her mature and responsible ways were my favourite out of the four. Don't get me wrong the others are amazing as well! Savannah with her carefree ways, Peyton's sass, then there's Madison. I couldn't stand her ugh. I found her a spoiled brat who had to be the centre of attention because of her parent issues. So being in her head was sort of painful aha.
   Out of the sisters though I think Savannah had the right idea, the girls had barely enough money to live off of in their old lives so spending a few hundred dollars couldn't hurt. To be honest I would have probably gone straight to the closest/biggest bookstore and bought all of my favourite books and maybe more.
   One thing that would continuously bug me throughout the novel was the teenagers ages. I am currently Courtney's age, and no matter what the situation is I would never drink, purposely go into bars, that sort of thing. The relationships were my biggest issue though. I would be a year older than Savannah, I feel like she wasn't mature enough for her age. Especially when it came to that one scene with Damien, you would never see me going that far in a relationship at that age. Heck you probably wouldn't see me going that far now. Even though it was Michelle's choice, I feel like the girls ages should have been different. As in they should have been older by at least 2 years.
   After this novel I will definitely be visiting Vegas when I turn twenty-one.
   I can't wait to read Diamonds in the Rough, ( The sequel to Secret Diamond Sisters) when it releases October 28th, 2014.
   Michelle has also written the Transcend Time Saga, which includes Remembrance, Vengenace and Timeless. 

Rating:



Favourite Quote:


"These people were going to see right through her."


Recommend to People Who Enjoy:


Young Adult, Contemporary, Romance, Siblings, Las Vegas






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I do see every comment you make, and will will do my best to reply ASAP. Just remember to check back here later for a reply!